Updated 14 Januay 2024
Important Notice - Please Read Carefully
If you do not agree with these, please refrain from using this website.
1. How We Use Your Data
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To fulfill your sitemap request when using our online service.
- To notify you as your request passes through our system.
- To enable us to review and improve our website, applications, and services.
- To provide customer support where applicable.
- To carry out analysis or seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide.
- To notify you about changes to our website, terms & conditions, services, or features.
Where possible, we will anonymize or pseudonymize your data for statistical analysis, in which case we may use it without further notice to you.
If you contact us, we may also hold personal data about you, although in general, we do not provide support for direct contact other than through public social media channels.
2. Access to Your Personal Data
Communication as part of using the service is automated.
Any further access to your personal data is limited to people who need access to fulfill the purpose, such as any contact or support requests you make to us or payment transactions.
We do not sell or pass on your details to 3rd parties for marketing or sales purposes.
We use a number of 3rd party services to provide this service:
- Microsoft Azure for email, hosting services.
- MongoDB inc for database services.
- Twilio Sendgrid for email services
- Stripe / Paypal for processing payment transactions.
- Freshworks Inc. for managing support
- Slack Technologies, LLC for internal communications.
We operate out of the UK and our main servers are located in the European Region as defined by Microsoft.
As the service develops, we may transfer ownership to a trusted 3rd party. At this time, it may be necessary to pass details to the 3rd party to enable them to continue running the service.
3. Retention of Your Data
When you use this service, we store your data while we fulfill your request.
- The online sitemap generator retains your email, plus any sitemap details.
- After 14 to 28 days, we automatically delete sitemap config detail and files to save space.
- If you save your settings, these will be retained within your account.
- If you have submitted a review, this will be retained and made public (excluding your email address).
- We may use your email if we need to discuss or provide feedback about your review.
- When you subscribe to updates, we use your email address to send you news.
- If you create an account, we will hold your details as provided for the purposes of administering the account.
- If you contact us for support, your email may be retained on our system for support purposes.
- We may retain your email, IP, and URL to help us understand how the service is used and to help with managing our fair use policy.
- For statistical purposes, we may keep a record of the types of features and requests being made to help us better understand how the service is being used.
4. Email Address
We do not disclose your email address to 3rd parties other than for the pruposes of adminstering this service, including but not limited to handling payment and spport requests.
You will receive a number of emails to guide you through the process. These include (but not necessarily limited to):
- Sitemap generation complete.
- Follow-up email.
Most users will only receive a selection of these based on how they interact with the service.
You will receive these emails for each sitemap you generate.
If you subscribe for further updates/news, submit a review, or support request, we will use your contact details for the purposes of administering these services.
5. Website Cookies
Cookies are small files placed on your computer that enable websites to store bits of information.
In order to bring you this service, we use a number of essential cookies to maintain your user session and login.
Please see our Cookies Policy for more details.
6. External Website Links
7. Website Security
This is a small community website with limited resources; however, we have taken reasonable measures in this context to prevent unauthorized access to your data.
We use HTTPS/SSL to encrypt traffic between you and our website.
To minimize risk, we have tried to limit the data we store as in the “Retention of Your Data” section. We use Microsoft Azure and MongoDB to provide reliable and secure hosting.
Where possible, resources are secured using 2-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access.
We aim to limit the need for individuals to access your data by automating processes where possble.
8. Your Rights
As a small website operated by an individual, we try to limit the amount of personal data we process to that necessary to provide and monitor the service.
You have the following rights:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- We have provided a number of automated services to help you manage your rights:
You can contact us about your data using the contact form.